Using the Monitoring task, you can monitor events such as access control events from doors and cardholders, license plate reads and hits from fixed and mobile LPR units, and camera related events, in real time.
What you should know
When monitoring events, you are actually monitoring the entities that trigger those events. The entities are selected in the Monitoring task. You can customize how the Monitoring task displays information to suit the purpose of the task. For example, if you are monitoring cameras, you can hide everything else except for the canvas tiles to make the camera images bigger. You can create multiple Monitoring tasks to monitor different sets of entities (for example, just cameras or doors).
- Select the events to monitor.
Select the entities that
are linked to the events you want to monitor.
Once the entities are selected, events that occur in your system appear chronologically in the event list and in real time. You cannot change the order of the events.
- To show the event list, from the top of the Monitoring task window, drag the four gray dots downwards.
To choose what event information to display in the event list, right-click on a
column heading, and then click Select columns to choose the information
you want to display in the list.
In access control systems, you might only want to view cardholder and credential fields. In LPR systems, you might only want to view plate numbers and context images.
- To clear the event list, click Clear event list () in the upper-right corner of the Monitoring task.
- From the area view, select the entities you want to view in the canvas by dragging them into the canvas. You can select multiple entities and drag them onto the canvas all at once.
(Optional) To protect the content in the tile from being overwritten by new
events, turn off monitoring for that tile as follows:
Tip: This is helpful if you have a tile plugin displayed in the canvas, and do not want it to be replaced by an event.
The checkmark beside Monitor events disappears and tile ID background turns black.
- Select a tile in the canvas.
- In the tile widget, click Monitoring (), and click Monitor events.