If you know which camera recorded an event and where the event took place (for example, a bag being removed from a table), you can use Quick search from the Monitoring task to find the exact video sequence containing the evidence.
- From the home page, open the Monitoring task.
- From the area view, drag the camera you want to search from to a tile.
In the camera widget, click Quick search ().
The selected camera is displayed in the Quick search dialog box.
Draw a rectangle around the area you want to target your search.
For example, if you are trying to find out who removed an object from a table, circle the corner of the table where the object was supposed to be left.
An overview of the last six hours of video recording is displayed as a series of thumbnails cropped to the area you selected.
- Visually inspect the thumbnails and click the button between the two frames when the object was removed.
- If none of the frames correspond to the moment you are looking for, click or to move backward or forward in the timeline.
- Continue the search process until you find the exact moment when the incident took place.
When you find the exact moment you are looking for, click the corresponding
frame to start the playback from that moment.
- (Optional) Export the video sequence as evidence.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.