If you have an unidentifiable card, you can find the cardholder or visitor it belongs to by presenting the card at a USB reader or door.
Before you begin
Make sure that you have a USB reader connected to your computer, or that there is a door you can present the card at.
From the home page, open one of the following tasks:
- For cardholders, click Cardholder management.
- For visitors, click Visitor management.
- At the top of the task window, click .
From the drop-down list in the search window, select one of the following:
- USB Reader
- A USB reader that is connected to your computer.
- An access point close by.
- Present the card to the device selected in the previous step.
If the card is assigned to a cardholder or visitor, the search dialog box closes and the corresponding person is selected in the cardholder or visitor list. If the card is not assigned to a cardholder or visitor, the reason that the card is rejected is displayed in the search dialog box. You can present another card, or click Cancel to stop the operation.