You can use the Vault tool in Security Desk to play back your exported video files on your local computer.
What you should know
- If you exported multiple video sequences simultaneously as a G64x file, they are either played back in the same tiles that they were displayed in when they were exported, or played back sequentially within a single tile.
- If you changed the save location of exported video files, files that were exported to the original location can no longer be viewed from the Vault. You cannot drag a video file from Windows into the Vault.
- ASF files can only be viewed in Windows Media Player.
- MP4 files can be viewed in many media players such as Windows Media Player and
QuickTime.NOTE: Some media players require a specific codec to be installed in order to play the file correctly.
- When you export a G64x video, the system can include additional
file information (for example, camera name, creation date, camera coordinates) which can
be useful in incident investigation. To view additional file information, right-click on
a file in the Vault and select Show
properties.NOTE: The system only includes this additional file information if an administrator enables the feature in your user settings.
To view an exported video file from the Vault:
From the home page, click
.The Vault displays all exported files.
If you want to view an encrypted GEK file, you must first decrypt it as follows:
- Select the encrypted video file, and click Decrypt file ().
- In the Destination field, use the default path if you want to be able to access the file from the Vault.
- In the Encryption key field, type the password that was specified when the file was encrypted or exported, and then click Decrypt.
Do one of the following:
- To view a video file in the Security
Desk canvas, drag the file into the
The video starts playing. You can control the playback using the camera widget.
- To view an ASF or MP4 file, double-click the file.
The file opens in the media player you have installed on your system.
- To view a video file in the Security Desk canvas, drag the file into the canvas.
To view exported video files from the Genetec™ Video Player:
- From the home page, click .
, and then select the video file to view.The video starts playing. You can control the playback using the commands at the bottom of the window.