You can find and view available video archives on your system by camera and time range, using the Archives report.
What you should know
In the Archives report, you can search for archived video sequences within a given time range or for a specific camera on a given date. For example, if an important security event occurs, you can search through the video archives to review the video recording, and then export it to share with colleagues or law enforcement.
If a mobile app streamed live video to a Security Center camera that was recorded by an Archiver, you can view the playback video from that mobile stream by selecting the Archiver and the time range. For more information about streaming video to Security Center from Mobile apps, see Configuring video settings.
- From the home page, open the Archives task.
- In the Filters tab, select the cameras that you want to investigate.
Do one of the following:
To search for archives by date:
- Click the All available tab, and then select the cameras
that you want to investigate. All days that include video archives for the selected
cameras are listed by month and day.
- To show the time range for each day that video archives are found on, click .
- Select a date.
- Click the All available tab, and then select the cameras that you want to investigate. All days that include video archives for the selected cameras are listed by month and day.
- To search for archives by time range:
- In the Cameras filter, select the cameras to investigate.
- Click the Time range tab, and set the time range.
- Click Generate report.
The related video recordings are listed in the report pane, in one of the following ways:
- If you searched by date, the hours in the selected day that video is available on are listed.
- If you searched by time range, only cameras with video archives are listed. The length of the listed video sequences corresponds to the specified time range.
The Preview column shows where video is available within the sequence for each camera.
- To view the video sequence in a tile, double-click or
drag an item from the report pane to the canvas.
The selected sequence immediately starts playing.NOTE: If you get the message No video available at this time, verify the following:
- That you have a valid certificate if the video stream is encrypted.
- That you have the right to see that particular camera. The camera can be blocked and require a special priviledge to see its archives.
- To control the video recording, use the camera widget.
- To export an important video archive, select the item in the report pane, and then click Export ().