You can monitor and respond to events, such as camera related events, in real time using the Monitoring task in Security Desk. When monitoring events, you monitor the entities that trigger those events.
Select the event types to monitor as follows:
- From the home page, click .
- In the Event options page, select which events to monitor.
- In the Display in tile column, select the check boxes of the events you want to view in the Monitoring task canvas. If the check box is cleared, the event only appears in the event list.
- Click Save.
- In the area view of the Monitoring task, select the entities you want to monitor (cameras, doors, and so on).
- Drag the selected entities over the Monitoring () icon at the bottom of the Monitoring task.
Events that occur in your system are displayed chronologically in the event list.