You can use the Vault tool in Security Desk to play back your exported video files on your local computer.
What you should know
- If you exported multiple video sequences simultaneously as a G64x file, they are either played back in the same tiles that they were displayed in when they were exported, or played back sequentially within a single tile.
- If you changed the save location of exported video files, files that were exported to the original location can no longer be viewed from the Vault. You cannot drag a video file from Windows into the Vault.
- ASF files can only be viewed in Windows Media Player.
- MP4 files can be viewed in many media players such as Windows Media Player and
QuickTime.NOTE: Some media players require a specific codec to be installed to play the file correctly.
- When you export a G64x video, the system can include additional
file information, such as camera name, creation date, and camera coordinates, which can
be useful for investigation. To view additional file information, right-click on a file
in the Vault and select Show
properties.NOTE: The system only includes this additional file information if an administrator enables the feature in your user settings.
To view an exported video file from the Vault:
From the home page, click
The Vault displays all exported files.
Double-click the file you want to view.
(G64x only) If the file is password-protected, enter the password.One of the following happens:
- If it is a G64x file, the file opens in Security Desk and plays in the canvas of the Monitoring task.
- If it is an ASF or MP4 file, the file opens in the media player you have installed on your system.
To view exported video files from the Genetec™ Video Player:
- From the home page, click .
, and then select the video file to view.The video starts playing. You can control the playback using the commands at the bottom of the window.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.