You can configure the SharpZ3 to send ALPR data to an HTTP server instead of to Genetec Patroller™. ALPR data that is sent to an HTTP/HTTPS server can then be integrated by third-party applications.
What you should know
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, click .
- From the Active extension section, select HTTP/HTTPS from the Extension type menu.
Configure the following:
- Enter the server name and location of the third party receiving HTTP server.
- Select the format you want to send the ALPR data in. You can select either JSON or XML format.
- Enter the username for the server.
- Enter the password for the username.
- Export context images
- Export the context image (in JPEG format).
- Export ALPR images
- Export the plate image (in JPEG format).
- Retain data when the connection is lost
- Select this option for plate reads to be saved locally in the SharpZ3 database if the connection with the server is lost. The system
attempts to reconnect with the server every 30 seconds. Stored reads are pushed to the
server when the connection is reestablished.IMPORTANT: If there are any plate reads in the SharpZ3 database, clearing this check box and saving the configuration deletes the plate reads.
- Anonymize ALPR data
- The camera hashes the license plate using
the SHA-1 algorithm. When you add an alphanumeric salt (cryptography) to the
license plate number, it increases the security of the hashed output. Adding the same
salt on all of the cameras in a network means that the same license plate produces an
identical hash on all cameras. This allows the external system to recognize the
identical hashes as a the same vehicle while still maintaining privacy. IMPORTANT: If the salt is changed after it is set, it must also be changed on all other cameras. Changing the salt breaks the link between old reads and new reads.
- Ignore certificate errors
- Select this option when sending ALPR data to an HTTPS server that does not have a trusted certificate. The SharpZ3 does not send the ALPR data to an HTTPS server that does not have a trusted certificate unless you select this option.
Click Send sample to send a test
plate to verify that the system can connect to the server using these
- Click Save.