The plugin automatically synchronizes SiPass alarms using alarm entities in Security Center. It automatically triggers and acknowledges alarms when the corresponding events are received from SiPass.
Alarm monitoringWhen you monitor SiPass alarms in Security Center, you will observe the following:
- SiPass alarms can be monitored like any other Security Center alarms using the Alarm monitoring task in Security Desk.
- Alarms triggered in SiPass are immediately triggered in Security Center.
- When Security Center connects to the SiPass server, all alarms currently active in SiPass are triggered in Security Center.
- You cannot trigger alarms in SiPass from Security Center. As a workaround, you can assign an alarm class to an output point in SiPass, and then trigger that output from Security Center, which action will trigger the alarm.
Alarm acknowledgementWhen you acknowledge SiPass alarms in Security Center, consider the following:
- Alarms acknowledged in SiPass will immediately be acknowledged in Security Center.
- Alarms acknowledged in Security Center will immediately be acknowledged in SiPass.
- If you acknowledge alarms in Security Center while the plugin is disconnected from SiPass, the alarms will automatically be acknowledged in SiPass when it reconnects.