You can monitor all of the generic events reported by the SiPass Integrated software by using the SiPass generic events task in Security Desk.
Before you begin
- In the plugin role, on the Events tab, make sure that the check box next to Generic is selected. When selected, generic events from SiPass Integrated are logged in the plugin database and available in the SiPass generic events report.
What you should know
- Generic events include activities such as user logon to SiPass Integrated software and automated archiving of the SiPass Integrated database.
- Generic events are identified in the SiPass Integrated software by the icon.
The following image shows some examples of generic events in SiPass Integrated software.
- The SiPass generic events task in Security Desk does not log the commands made on SiPass entities, such as doors, areas, and elevators. Only the SiPass activity trails task logs the SiPass actions.
The report behaves like any other Security Center report. For instructions about exporting, printing, and customizing reports, refer to the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- You can configure the plugin to ignore generic events so that they are not logged in the plugin's database. See Ignoring SiPass events in Security Center.
- From the home page in Security Desk, open the SiPass generic events.
Set up the query filters for the report. Choose from one or more of the following filters:
- Select the entities you want to investigate. To help you find specific entities, you can search the list of entities for a keyword in the entity's name, and you can filter the list by Name, Description, Entity type, Partition, Role (such as SiPass), and Custom fields (such as CardNumber and EmployeeNumber).
- Type any part of the event's description.
- Time range
- Specify a range of time or choose specific dates.
Click Generate report.
After generating a report, the results of your query are listed in the report pane.
The following list describes the columns in the report.
- Date and time the action occurred.
- The entity upon which the action was performed.
- First name
- The first name of the SiPass Integrated user who performed the action. This field is empty when the action was performed by a scheduled event.
- Last name
- The last name of the SiPass Integrated user who performed the action. This field is empty when the action was performed by a scheduled event.
- Where the event occurred. This might be the name of a SiPass entity such as a door, the host name of a SiPass Integrated computer, or the name of a SiPass role.