If you see that some SiPass entities or events are missing in Security Center, or that the synchronization does not occur at all, you may want to start a synchronization manually.
Make sure that a connection is established between Security Center and the SiPass server; that is, the plugin role does not show a warning by turning yellow.
Before you begin
Synchronization issues typically occur when the SiPass plugin and the SiPass server run incompatible versions, or when a disconnection occurs while a synchronization is in progress.
What you should know
- Make sure that the plugin and the SiPass server are compatible.
- From the home page in Config Tool, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the SiPass plugin from the entity browser, and click the Synchronization tab.
- Click the Refresh () button under Currently synchronized entities, and verify that the number of entities currently synchronized matches the number of entities (objects) in SiPass that are eligible for synchronization.
If the number of entities does not match, or if there is no entity at all being
synchronized, click Start synchronization to start a manual
The synchronization progress and the number of entities being synchronized for each type of entity is displayed under Latest synchronization information.
- Under Latest synchronization information, make sure that the synchronization completed successfully.
- If the problem still persists, restart the Plugin role.
- Try restarting the server on which the Plugin role is running.
Try restarting the SiPass proxy service.
NOTE: Restarting the proxy service triggers a full synchronization with the SiPass server, which may take a long time to complete depending on the number of entities that must be synchronized.