If users cannot make or receive Sipelia™ calls with Security Desk, the messages might be blocked somewhere on the network.
When users are registered to Sipelia™ Server but cannot make or receive calls, this typically occurs when the network is blocking packets from being exchanged between two SIP endpoints.
What you should know
- Log on to Security Center with Security Desk.
- Using a network protocol analyzer (Wireshark, for example), try to make a call and verify that SIP messages are exchanged between the two SIP endpoints.
- If SIP packets are being exchanged, verify that SDP and RTP packets are also exchanged.
- Make sure that the IP addresses and port numbers used in the SIP and SDP packets are correct.
- If you can see SIP, SDP, and RTP packets exchanged on the network between the two SIP endpoints, but users are still not able to make or receive calls, try to restart the Genetec™ Server.