To expand your SIP capabilities, you can configure two-way communication between Sipelia™ Server and other SIP servers, so SIP extensions from either server can call each other.
Before you begin
- Read the documentation provided by the manufacturer of the SIP server that you
want to connect to Sipelia™ Server. NOTE: For the purpose of this topic, we will refer to the SIP server that you want to connect to as SIP Server A.
- Make sure that SIP Server A supports trunking and is able to connect to other SIP servers (in our case, Sipelia™ Server). Some SIP servers do not support trunking, and therefore, cannot call extensions registered to other SIP servers.
- Make sure that SIP Server A has been certified by Genetec Inc. as a compatible hardware component, and that it is included in Sipelia's supported hardware list for SIP servers and intercom servers.
What you should know
Because there are many different SIP servers available on the market, and numerous possible implementations for each, the method used to configure a SIP trunk and dial plan process differs for each SIP server. As a result, the steps listed below only provide general instructions on how to set up a two-way communication between Sipelia™ Server and SIP Server A. However, in this topic, and in the related topics about SIP trunks and dial plans, specific instructions are provided for how to set up a one-way communication between Sipelia™ Server and the SIP trunk for SIP Server A. This way, extensions on Sipelia™ Server can call those on SIP server A.
To connect Sipelia™ Server to SIP Server A:
- Add SIP Server A as a SIP trunk.
- Define dial plan rules that allow SIP extensions registered to Sipelia™ Server to call SIP extensions registered to SIP Server A.
- Import the dial plan rules in Config Tool.
To connect SIP Server A to Sipelia™ Server:
- Add Sipelia™ Server as a SIP trunk. Refer to the documentation of SIP Server A for details on how to add SIP trunks.
- Define and implement dial plan rules that allow SIP extensions registered to SIP Server A to call SIP extensions registered to Sipelia™ Server. Refer to the documentation of SIP Server A for details on how to define and implement dial plan rules.