To change the default codecs that are allowed to run on Sipelia™ servers, you must enable or disable them through a configuration file.
Before you begin
- Create a backup of the following file:
What you should know
- Sipelia™ supports several audio and video codecs.
- Enabling and disabling video and audio codecs is done through an XML configuration file. In this file, you can find the following XML elements: AudioCodecs and VideoCodecs. The Codec element within them contains the Enabled attribute that defines the state of each codec.
To enable or disable a specific audio or video codec:
- Deactivate the Sipelia™ plugin role
Open the following configuration file:
In the chosen Codec element, modify the
Enabled attribute to False to
disable the codec or to True to enable it.
CAUTION:You must only change the Enabled attribute, never the Name attribute. It is not possible to add new types of codecs directly by editing this configuration file.
- Save the file and reactivate the Sipelia™ plugin role.
To restore default values without a backup file:
- Deactivate the Sipelia™ plugin role.
Delete the configuration file:
Reactivate the Sipelia™ plugin role.
The configuration file will be regenerated with the default values.