To make calls from your SIP intercom to Security Center users, you must register the intercom with Sipelia™ Server.
Before you begin
- Install the SIP intercom according to the recommendations of the intercom manufacturer.
- Add and configure your SIP intercom in Config Tool.
What you should know
To register your SIP intercom with Sipelia™ Server:
- Create a SIP account on your intercom.
Enter an applicable name for your SIP account.
This name can be the same as the one given to the intercom when adding it to Security Center, but it does not need to be. The SIP account name is not used during SIP communications.
Enter the domain or IP address of Sipelia™ Server.
You can find the IP address of Sipelia™ Server in .
- For the SIP port value, enter the value that you configured. The default value used by the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is 5060.
- Enter the SIP extension that was assigned to this intercom in Security Center. In some SIP clients, you must enter the extension number as the username.
- Enter the password for the SIP extension that has been assigned to the intercom.
- Register the intercom so that it can communicate with Sipelia™ Server.
To authenticate incoming calls from your SIP intercom:
Calls can be authenticated upon request by enabling authentication in the
Server tab of the Sipelia™ plugin role.
When Enable authentication on incoming calls is enabled, authentication is required for all incoming calls and user credentials are verified.