You can add Sharp cameras to the plugin, and define the ALPR frequency settings that trigger alarms or emails.
Before you begin
- Install the plugin on a Security Center server and on all client workstations that generate reports.
- Configure a whitelist containing a list of license plates that should be ignored
by the plugin.NOTE:
- Whitelists and hotlists have an identical format and creation
process. Both are text files that include a list of license plates,
but they are used for different purposes:
- A hotlist is used to identify suspicious vehicles, such as stolen vehicles.
- A whitelist is used to ignore vehicles, such as vehicles that belong to employees.
For instructions on creating hotlists and whitelists, see Creating hotlists.
- Ensure that the whitelist respects the mandatory hotlist columns and that you use delimiters (not fixed length). For more information, see Default hotlist and permit attributes.
- Whitelists and hotlists have an identical format and creation process. Both are text files that include a list of license plates, but they are used for different purposes:
What you should know
- The plugin detects exact license plate matches only. AutoVu™ matcher settings are not applicable.
- License plates that are unreadable (NOPLATE) are always ignored.
From the Config
Tool home page,
open the Plugins task, and then click the
Stakeout - ALPR Frequency Monitor plugin instance
that you want to configure.
NOTE: You can configure up to five plugin instances per license.
Click the Properties tab.
- Click .
- Select the cameras that you want to add.
- Click Add.
To configure how often an unknown license plate must be read before it is
flagged as suspicious, set the Plate read
frequency and the Plate read time
NOTE: You can configure the Plate read frequency to a maximum of thirty reads and the Plate read time frame to a a maximum of five days.Tip: These configurations depend on where the cameras are installed. For example, if a camera is monitoring a busy road, you can assume that many drivers pass the camera twice each day on their commute to and from work. In this case, configuring actions for two detections per day would trigger too many alerts.
- To add a whitelist of vehicles that should be ignored by the plugin, click , select the whitelist, and click Add.
(Optional) To configure Actions that are triggered when
the detection threshold is reached, click , select one or more alarms or email addresses, and
- You can add individual email addresses, not email groups.
- Depending on the number of image files included, the email alert might exceed the size limitation rules of your SMTP server.
- Click Apply.