If you have many locations to monitor with your PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera, you can create memorized position presets so that you can quickly switch between these presets when monitoring your premises. This only applies to Silverlight video player.
What you should know
- Click View () and drag a PTZ camera from the selector bar into a tile.
In the tile displaying the PTZ camera, click to enable PTZ mode.
The PTZ controls appear in the tile, indicating that you are in PTZ mode.
- Position the PTZ camera by clicking the mouse pointer in the direction that you want the camera to move. Use the zoom controls (, ) or the mouse's scroll wheel to zoom in and out, as required.
With the PTZ camera at the required position, do one of the following:
The PTZ camera's current view is saved to the assigned preset.
- To save the home position preset, press and hold the 1 key on your keyboard or the keyboard's numeric keypad, or click and hold until a preset confirmation message appears.
- To save a preset other than the home position preset, press and hold a number key from 2 to 8 on your keyboard or the keyboard's numeric keypad until a preset confirmation message appears.
- To create additional presets or overwrite an existing one, repeat the steps above.
- To move your PTZ camera to one of the saved presets (with PTZ mode enabled), press the preset's corresponding number key on your keyboard. For the home position preset, press the 1 key or click .
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.