Before adding a Bosch camera to your client account, you must complete pre-installation steps such as validating that your camera model and firmware version are supported by Stratocast™, opening the default ports, and obtaining the MAC address of your camera.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Ensure that the video unit is Supported by Stratocast™ and that it is running the recommended firmware version for your device.
Get the camera's MAC address, which is usually printed on a label located on the bottom
of the camera.
If you cannot find the MAC address, contact the camera manufacturer.
- Power on the camera, connect it to your network, and wait until it is online.
- Get the URL of the camera's web page and the user credentials to log in as the camera administrator.
Open the following outbound ports:
- Port 80, 443
- Stratocast™ camera enrollment service (es.stratocast.com)
- Ports 22000
- Device load balancer
- Ports 22001 - 22050
- Upload camera video stream to Stratocast™
Best Practice: Use the Bosch Configuration Manager to
identify your camera's IP address.
The utility scans the local network and lists the IP address of any cameras it finds.
Log into your camera.
By default the camera does not have a login credential. If this has changed, see your Bosch documentation or contact support.
Ensure the camera connects to the Internet.
Cameras connect automatically, using a dynamic IP address, with most connections.NOTE: If a fixed IP address is used, you must set the gateway, primary DNS, and secondary DNS fields to validate the address; otherwise, the camera cannot authenticate to Stratocast™.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.