Before adding a Hanwha Techwin camera to your client account, you must complete pre-installation steps such as validating that your camera model and firmware version are supported by Stratocast™, opening the default ports, and obtaining the MAC address of your camera.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Ensure that the video unit is Supported by Stratocast™ and that it is running the recommended firmware version for your device.
Get the camera's MAC address, which is usually printed on a label located on the bottom
of the camera.
If you cannot find the MAC address, contact the camera manufacturer.
- Power on the camera, connect it to your network, and wait until it is online.
- Get the URL of the camera's web page and the user credentials to log in as the camera administrator.
Open the following outbound ports:
- Port 80, 443
- Stratocast™ camera enrollment service (es.stratocast.com)
- Ports 22000
- Device load balancer
- Ports 22001 - 22050
- Upload camera video stream to Stratocast™
Best Practice: Use the Wisenet Device Manager to identify your camera's IP
The utility scans the local network and lists the IP address of any cameras it finds.
Using the IP address found in the Wisenet Device Manager, log into the camera's
web page by pasting the IP address for your camera into your browser address
The first time that you connect to the camera you must set an
Tip: Make a note of the password so that you do not lose access to the camera in the future.
- The first time that you connect to the camera you must set an administrator password.
If you have newer firmware, click the Stratocast button
on the left side of the configuration page.
NOTE: If the Stratocast button is displayed, your camera is running an SCP-enabled firmware version.
(Optional) If the Stratocast button is not displayed, in
the system menu on the left side of the page click
The Stratocast package is listed here. Click the Set button to access the enrollment page.NOTE: You can also access the enrollment page by adding /stratocast to the URL in your browser's address bar.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.