You can configure the Synergis™ unit once the pre-configuration steps are completed.
Perform the pre-configuration steps.
Before you begin
- All Synergis™ units come with a factory-assigned hostname. If your network does not support DHCP, your IT department must assign the appliance a new IP address.
- (Optional) Change the default X.509 certificate of the unit.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Synergis™ appliance firmware, and upgrade if necessary.
- Physically attach the interface modules to the Synergis™ unit.
- Establish communication between the Synergis™ unit and its attached interface modules by configuring them through the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- Test your hardware connections and configuration and make adjustments if necessary.
- Configure the access control behavior you want Synergis™ unit to exhibit.
- Add the Synergis™ unit to an Access Manager so it becomes part of your Security Center system.