You can use key hashes to verify keys between the Synergis™ key store and other units, or against the SAM card or key card production tool that produced the keys.
Keys that have been saved in the Synergis™ key store cannot be retrieved, but they can be verified using key hashes.
What you should know
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
From the Hash list, select the algorithm used by the third-party
card tool or Synergis™ unit:
A 6-character (24 bit) key hash is displayed, regardless of the algorithm used.
- KCV: Key Checksum Value
- SHA1: Secure Hash Algorithm 1
- SHA256: 256-bit version of Secure Hash Algorithm 2
- SHA384: 384-bit version of Secure Hash Algorithm 2
- SHA512: 512-bit version of Secure Hash Algorithm 2