Synergis™ Appliance Portal is the web-based administration tool used to configure and administer the Synergis™ appliance, as well as upgrade its firmware.
You can perform the following tasks through the portal:
- Change the password required to connect to the Synergis™ appliance.
- Configure the network settings on the Synergis™ appliance so it works on your system.
- Configure the appliance to accept connections from specific Access Managers.
- Enroll and configure the interface modules connected to the Synergis™ appliance.NOTE: There is one exception to the rule. Mercury controllers (EP, LP, and M5-IC) must be enrolled and configured from Security Center Config Tool in the access control unit's Peripherals tab.
- Configure the access control behavior of the appliance for both online and offline operations.
- Test and diagnose the interface readers, I/O, and module connections of the Synergis™ appliance.
- Configure MIFARE DESFire on OSDP and STid readers.
- Enable SAM card-based cryptography on Synergis™ units with expansion modules.
- Manage X.509 certificates.
- View and export the Synergis™ appliance's status and configuration.
- Upgrade the Synergis™ appliance's firmware (Synergis™ Softwire).
- Restart the Synergis™ appliance's hardware or software.
Tasks that must be done in Config ToolYou cannot perform the following tasks through the portal. You have to use Security Center Config Tool instead.
- Assign devices (input/output contacts, readers) to doors and zones.
- Configure individual door and zone properties.
- Configure Card and PIN readers so both the card and the PIN are required to grant access.
- Configure I/O linking.