A certificate authority-signed certificate is more secure than a self-signed certificate. Another benefit of the signing request is that it is better for settings where several computers and multiple browsers access the Synergis™ unit, because it does not require each browser to be configured in order to recognize the certificate.
- Click Create certificate signing request.
- In Windows File Explorer, navigate to your Downloads folder.
- Copy the signing request .req file and send it to a certificate authority.
- When you receive the certificates from the certificate authority, log onto the Synergis™ unit and click .
- Under Import signed certificate, click Select certificate and browse to the folder with the certificates.
Select the first certificate and click Upload. Repeat for
the remaining certificates.
NOTE: Each certificate in the certificate chain must be uploaded individually, or in one operation if you received a .p7b collection file. If you received the collection file, you can omit uploading the root certificate.