To configure your Synergis™ appliance (also called Synergis™ unit), log on to the appliance through the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
You will need the following information to log on for the first time.
Before you begin
- The appliance hostname is SCL (for Synergis™ Cloud Link) or SMC (for Synergis™ Master Controller) followed by the appliance's MAC address, which is the first alpha-numeric code on the label sticker on the appliance. For example, if the label says 0010F32CF482, then the default hostname for a Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance is SCL0010F32CF482.
- The default username and password are admin and softwire.
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, make sure you have the Font download setting enabled. To enable Font download, launch Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and click . In the Settings tree, scroll to Font download under Downloads, click Enable, and apply the change.
(First time logon only) Connect the Synergis™
appliance’s LAN 1 port to your LAN.
Click here to view the location of the LAN 1 port on a Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance.
- Open a web browser.
In the browser’s address bar, type https:// followed by the
Synergis™ appliance's hostname or IP address
(for example, https://SCL0010F32CF482).
If you are unable to connect to your appliance using its hostname and you haven’t yet configured its IP address, then you should log on to the Synergis™ appliance using the alternate IP address.
(New browser session only) If you opened a new browser session to log on to the
Synergis™ appliance, you will get a certificate
Follow your browser’s on-screen instructions to continue to the website.NOTE: You won't see the message again unless you close and re-open your browser to log on to the appliance.
- In the Synergis Appliance - Logon page, select the interface language.
- Enter the username and password, then click Log on.
The Synergis Appliance - Home page appears.