Synergis™ Cloud Link supports security updates in the field. From Config Tool, you can apply temporary fixes or patches to security vulnerabilities as they are discovered.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the firmware installed on the appliance is version 10.9 or later, and the appliance has at least 1.5 GB of available storage.
- For Synergis™ Cloud Link appliances that have image version 3.3.2 or earlier, contact Technical Support.
- For Synergis™ Cloud Link appliances that have image version 4.0 or earlier, see KBA-79036 Changes to cumulative security rollups for Synergis™ appliances in March 2020.
What you should know
Download the cumulative security rollup from the GTAP Product Download
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Synergis™ Softwire.
- Download the cumulative security rollup listed in the Tools & Cumulative Security Rollup section.
- Save the SynergisSecurityrollupYYYYMMDD.sfw file on your local drive.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Select your Synergis™ unit from the entity browser, and then click the Identity tab.
- Click .
- In the Upgrade firmware dialog box, click Select file.
- In the file browser, select the cumulative security rollup file that you downloaded from GTAP, and click Open.
- (Optional) To delay the upgrade, click Advanced options, and select Delay upgrade until, and enter the upgrade date and time.
- Click Upgrade.
After you finish
- Generate a Hardware inventory report in Config Tool to check for possible failure reasons or confirm the firmware version displayed for the unit.
- Verify that all doors controlled by the upgraded unit operate properly.