To establish communication between the Synergis™ unit and the connected interface modules, you need to configure them in Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
.The portal shows the hardware tree as three columns. The information displayed in each column varies depending on what you select in the previous column:
- Your configured hardware manufacturers and the number of channels they use. Clicking a hardware manufacturer displays its channels in the second column.
- The channels of the manufacturer selected in the first column. Hovering over a channel displays the edit (), clone (), and delete () options.
- The interface modules connected to the channel selected in the second column.
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
In the Add hardware dialog box, select the Hardware
type, the Channel, and the rest of the
interface module properties, which depend on the hardware type you selected.
In the same dialog box, add all interface modules connected to the same channel as
- To add the interface modules manually, click Add.
- To discover the interface modules, click Scan.
All interface modules from the same manufacturer that are connected to the same channel will be added to the list. For this to work, all of the interface modules must use the same baud rate and be configured with a different physical address.
The hardware type, channel, and interface modules you added are displayed in the hardware tree.
For each interface module you added, select it from the hardware tree and click
Edit (), then configure its settings
in the window that opens.
For the description of these settings, refer to the manufacturer’s documentation.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.