You can use the three inputs on the Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance to monitor the physical installation of the appliance. For example, you can connect an input to a tamper switch on the enclosure in which the appliance is installed.
What you should know
- You can set a special behavior for each input. Each special behavior corresponds to
an event you can receive in the Monitoring task:
Special behavior Security Center event AC failure AC fail Tamper switch Hardware tamper Battery failure Battery fail
- Only Input 1 can be supervised.
- You can view the state changes of the inputs on the I/O diagnostics page in Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Select your Synergis™ Cloud Link unit, and click the Hardware tab.
Click the Onboard IO tab, and then configure the
- Special behavior
- The special behaviors determine the event you receive in the
Monitoring task when the input is in non-normal
state. By default, the special behavior is set to
None. Select one of the following:
- AC failure
- Tamper switch
- Battery failure
- Input configuration
- (Available for Input 1 only) Select one of the following:
- Input 1 is unsupervised by default.
- Three states
- Select one of the pre-configured options, which selects the Resistance range for you, or select Custom, and enter the Lower Limit (Ohms) and Higher Limit (Ohms) in ohms yourself.
- Four states
- Select one of the pre-configured options, which selects the Closed range and Open range for you, or select Custom, and enter the Lower Limit (Ohms) and Higher Limit (Ohms) values yourself.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Peripherals tab, and double-click the input you configured on the Hardware page.
- (Optional) In the Edit Input dialog box, enter a new name and logical ID.
Set the Contact type:
- For Input 1 only, select Not supervised, 3 state supervised, or 4 state supervised to match the value you selected for the Input configuration on the Hardware page.
- Select Normally open or Normally closed.
- Click Save.
When an input is in an non-normal state, the Synergis™ Cloud Link unit turns yellow, and you receive an entity warning. If you were monitoring the Synergis™ Cloud Link unit and the special behavior events, you receive the event corresponding to the input's special behavior in the Monitoring task.