Most interface module behaviors, such as lock relays and reader settings, are common to all interface modules connected to the same Synergis™ unit. You can configure these unit-wide settings on the Unit-wide parameters page of the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Some settings only apply to certain types of interface modules and are not shown unless those interface modules are configured for your unit. Whenever an equivalent setting is found in Security Center, the setting configured in Config Tool (door properties, for example) takes precedence.
What you should know
For more information about these access control settings, or about how to configure them in Security Center, see Configuring access control unit settings.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
On the Unit-wide parameters page, select the following options
you want the Synergis™ unit to support:
- Lock relay
- This setting tells the Synergis™ unit to do
one of the following:
- After door opened
- Keep the door unlocked for a certain delay (HH:MM:SS) after the door opens.
- When door closed
- Immediately lock the door after it closes.
- Interlock setting
- An interlock is a system with multiple doors where only one door can be opened at any
time. You have two options:
- Single door open (Default)
- The moment one door is open, immediately lock all other doors.
- Single door unlock
- Only unlock one door at any given time.
- Automatically reset people count
- Reset people count daily or weekly. Disabled by default.
- Reader setting
- Applies to card and PIN readers only. You have two options:
NOTE: To enforce Card and PIN mode so that both the card and the PIN are used to gain access, you must configure the reader settings in Config Tool. Card and PIN mode only works during the reader schedule. Outside of the reader schedule, the reader behaves in either Card only or Card or PIN mode, depending on the reader settings configured in the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- Card or PIN
- Either the card or the PIN can be used to grant access.
- Card only (Default)
- Only the card is used to grant access.
- Maximum PIN length
- Applies to interface modules that support option-00 readers. The Synergis™ unit will process the PIN being entered the
moment it reaches the maximum number of digits, without waiting for the ‘#’
key.NOTE: Not all integrations support this feature. For more information, see the Synergis™ Softwire Integration Guide.
- Degraded mode (VertX)
- In degraded mode, the interface module makes decisions on its own when the connection to the Synergis™ unit is lost. When this option is selected, the interface module unlocks the doors for all credentials that match the specified Facility code (26 bits card format only) instead of requiring a full match. This option applies only to Mercury and HID VertX sub-panels.
- A1001: Default to unsecure connection
- Select this option so that you can use Synergis™ Softwire to upgrade the firmware on your Axis A1001 controller if it does not support HTTPS.
- Use key version (SAM only)
- Select this option to enable key versioning for SAM cards.
- Disable output controls
- Click to disable the ability to change output states from the I/O diagnostics page of Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- Click Save.
All changes take effect after a software restart.