During a debugging session, the support technician might ask you to perform a hard or a soft restart on the Synergis™ unit.
What you should know
- A hard restart, or system restart, is required when you are reconnecting or changing the four-port RS-485 module (applies only to SMC), or when you experience hardware problems.
- A soft reboot, or a software restart, is rarely required. The Synergis™ unit automatically restarts its firmware after you change the firmware version. Manual software restarts are only used for debugging or support purposes.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
From the Restart menu, select the desired restart
- To restart the unit's hardware, click System restart.
- To restart the unit's software, click Software restart.