Adding a Cloud Agent-enabled Synergis™ Cloud Link to your Access Manager enables that unit to make secure connections to a Security Center SaaS edition hosted deployment.
Before you begin
- Verify that the DNS and other networking settings of the unit are configured.
- Verify that the Cloud Agent is installed and enabled on the unit.
- Ensure that the Synergis™ Cloud Link has Internet connectivity. The connectivity status is available on the unit Activation page. If your local network can only reach the Internet through a proxy server, specify the proxy URL and optional username and password on the Proxy page.
- Ensure that your Config Tool workstation is on the same network as your Synergis™ Cloud Link unit.
To add a Synergis™ Cloud Link to a hosted SaaS Access Manager:
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Click Access control unit ().
- In the Creating a unit dialog box, click Unit type and select Synergis™ SaaS.
In the Network endpoint area, enter the hostname or IP address
of the unit, then click Validate.
The system verifies the Synergis™ Cloud Link and displays the MAC address of the unit.
Enter the admin username and the password.
The default username is
admin. You must change the default password to enroll the unit.
Review the Creation summary window, and click
Config Tool sends the information of the Synergis™ Cloud Link to the Access Manager, which forwards it to the SaaS gateway. When the unit is connected to the SaaS gateway, a confirmation message appears.
Click Close, and then click
The newly added access control unit appears under the Access Manager that it was assigned to in the Roles and units view. The default entity name is the hostname of the Synergis™ Cloud Link. This unit now only responds to the commands issued by this Access Manager.
To delete a Synergis™ Cloud Link from an Access Manager:
- In the Roles and units view, select the Synergis™ Cloud Link unit from the entity tree.
- Click Delete ().
- In the confirmation dialog box that opens, click Delete.