Synergis™ Cloud Link supports the latest security updates in the field with cumulative security rollups. From the Synergis™ Appliance Portal, you can apply the latest temporary fixes or patches to security vulnerabilities as they are discovered.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the firmware installed on the appliance is version 10.9 or later, and the appliance has at least 1.5 GB of available storage.
- For Synergis™ Cloud Link appliances that have image version 3.3.2 or earlier, contact Technical Support.
- For Synergis™ Cloud Link appliances that have image version 4.0 or earlier, see KBA-79036 Changes to cumulative security rollups for Synergis™ appliances in March 2020.
What you should know
- It is recommended to schedule the upgrade outside of core business hours.IMPORTANT: The update can cause 30 to 60 minutes of downtime. During that time, the unit might reboot twice to complete the installation of the cumulative security rollup.
- You can also upgrade the cumulative security rollup on Synergis™ appliances in batches directly in Config
Tool, using the Hardware
For more information, see Upgrading access control unit firmware and platform, and interface module firmware.
Download the cumulative security rollup from the GTAP Product Download
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Synergis™ Softwire.
- Download the cumulative security rollup listed in the Tools & Cumulative Security Rollup section.
- Save the SynergisSecurityrollupYYYYMMDD.sfw file on your local drive.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click Select upgrade file, select the cumulative security rollup file, and click Open.
- Click Upgrade now.
After you finish
- Generate a Hardware inventory report in Config Tool to check for possible failure reasons or confirm the firmware version displayed for the unit.
- Verify that all doors controlled by the upgraded unit operate properly.