Most interface module behaviors, such as lock relays and reader settings, are common to all interface modules connected to the same Synergis™ unit. You can configure these unit-wide settings on the Unit-wide parameters page of the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
What you should know
For more information about these access control settings, or about how to configure them in Security Center, see Configuring access control unit settings.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
In the Door configuration section, configure the following
- Lock relay
- This setting tells the Synergis™
unit to do one of the following:
- After door opened
- Keep the door unlocked for a certain delay (HH:MM:SS) after the door opens.
- When door closed
- Immediately lock the door after it closes.
In the Area configuration section, configure the following
- Interlock setting
- An interlock is a system with multiple doors where only one door can be opened at any
time. You have two options:
- Single door open (Default)
- The moment one door is open, immediately lock all other doors.
- Single door unlock
- Only unlock one door at any given time.
- Operators can unlock doors regardless of interlock state
- Allow doors to be manually unlocked using the
Unlock button in the
Door widget, even when the doors should be
locked because of interlock. You can use this setting with either
of the interlock settings, Single door
unlock or Single door
This setting must be configured for each Synergis™ unit that controls doors configured in an interlock, and changing this setting requires a software restart.NOTE: This setting is not supported with Synergis™ IX integrations, and is ignored when used in conjunction with any of the following native Mercury capabilities:
- Max occupancy
- Automatically reset people count
- Reset people count daily or weekly. Disabled by default.
In the Credential configuration section, configure the
- Reader setting
- Applies to card and PIN readers only. You have two options:
NOTE: To enforce Card and PIN mode so that both the card and the PIN are used to gain access, you must configure the reader settings in Config Tool. Card and PIN mode only works during the reader schedule. Outside of the reader schedule, the reader behaves in either Card only or Card or PIN mode, depending on the reader settings configured in the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- Card or PIN
- Either the card or the PIN can be used to grant access.
- Card only (Default)
- Only the card is used to grant access.
- Maximum PIN length
- Applies to interface modules that support option-00 readers. The Synergis™ unit will process the PIN being entered the
moment it reaches the maximum number of digits, without waiting for the ‘#’
key.NOTE: Not all integrations support this feature. For more information, see the Synergis™ Softwire Integration Guide.
In the Miscellaneous configuration section, configure the
- A1001: Default to unsecure connection
- Select this option so that you can use Synergis™ Softwire to upgrade the firmware on your Axis A1001 controller if it does not support HTTPS.
In the Output controls section, configure the following
- Disable output controls
- Click to disable the ability to change output states from the I/O diagnostics page of the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- Click Save.