Synergis™ units work best when all connected interface modules are running the recommended firmware. Recommended firmware versions are certified by Genetec Inc.
Before you begin
What you should know
- If your interface modules are loaded with firmware versions newer than the recommended ones, they will be downgraded with the exception of Assa Abloy IP locks.
- You can also upgrade the firmware of interface modules in batches directly in
Tool, using the
Hardware inventory task.
For more information, see Upgrading access control unit firmware and platform, and interface module firmware.
Upload the firmware onto the Synergis™
The firmware is uploaded onto the Synergis™ unit.
From the GTAP Product Download
page, select the latest version of Synergis™
Softwire in the Download
Finder list, and then search for your firmware.
NOTE: For Assa Abloy IP locks, and Aperio AH40 hubs, download the latest Synergis™ Softwire .sfw file listed in the Core Software section. The firmware files for Assa Abloy IP locks and Aperio AH40 hubs are included in Synergis™ Softwire.
- Save the .sfw file on your local drive.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click Select upgrade file.
- In the file browser that opens, select the .sfw firmware file, and click Open.
- Click Upgrade now.
- From the GTAP Product Download page, select the latest version of Synergis™ Softwire in the Download Finder list, and then search for your firmware.
Push the firmware to the interface modules:
- Click .
Click Apply recommended firmware.