The Synergis™ key store is used to configure and store cryptographic keys.
Keys in the Synergis™ key store
Each cryptographic key is composed of one or more components. For added security, a key can be composed of multiple components so that the key can be separated and distributed to multiple stakeholders, without anyone having the complete key.
- The version number of the key. Each version of the key you create is a
new key.NOTE: The indexed 00 to indexed 31 keys can have up to three versions at a time. The Reader Kc and Reader Ks keys do not support key versioning; the latest changes are automatically incremented.
- The number of components that currently form the key. Each component is a 32-character hexadecimal value.
- The key hash used to verify whether the key you entered in the Synergis™ key store is valid. The key is valid if it matches the key hash from the other units or the key card production tool with which you want to compare. For more information, see Using key hashes in the Synergis™ key store.
MIFARE DESFire cryptographic keys can be exported from Security Center to one or more Synergis™ Cloud Link units in your system. The keys are then automatically updated on the Synergis™ key store page of the Synergis™ Appliance Portal. For more information, see Exporting MIFARE DESFire keys to Synergis™ Cloud Link units.
Use cases for the different keys
- ReaderKc and ReaderKs
- Used to configure communication keys for STid readers. For more information, see Changing the default RS-485 communication keys for STid readers.
- Indexed 00 to 31
- Used to create the cryptographic keys to access a MIFARE DESFire card's secured credential. For more information, see Enabling MIFARE DESFire for transparent OSDP readers and Enabling transparent mode on STid readers.