To control the access to secured areas at your site and monitor the access control-related events in Security Center, you must add access control units to an Access Manager role.
Ensure that the Synergis™ extension discovery port matches the port number on your unit.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Click Access control unit ().
- In the Creating a unit dialog box, click Unit type and select Synergis.
- In the Network endpoint section, enter the hostname or IP address of the unit, and the admin username and password.
- If you require port forwarding, click Advanced settings and enter the base URL in the Web address field.
- Click Next.
Select a Partition on which to add the access control unit, and
Partitions determine which Security Center users have access to this entity. Only authorized users of the partition can view or modify the access control unit.
Review the Creation summary window, and click
The Access Manager attempts to connect to the unit and enrolls it in your system. When the process is successfully completed, a confirmation message is displayed.
Click Close, and then click
The newly added unit is displayed under the Access Manager it was assigned to in the Roles and units view. The default entity name is the hostname of the unit. From now on, this unit only responds to the commands issued by this Access Manager.NOTE: If you later change the connection parameters on the unit, you must inform the Access Manager about it by synchronizing the unit with the Access Manager.