When long PINs are being used, you can change the PIN entry timeout to give cardholders more time to enter their PINs.
The default timeout is 5 seconds.
What you should know
- Connect to Security Center with Config Tool.
- In the Area view task, select the door that requires a longer PIN entry timeout.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Beside the Card and PIN reader assigned to the door, click Reader settings ().
- In the Reader settings dialog box, enable Use card and PIN, if it is not already enabled.
- Set the Access timeout, and then click .
If the desired setting is Card or PIN, do the following:
- Click Reader settings (), and disable Use card and PIN.
- Click Save.
- Click Apply.