Starting in Synergis™ Softwire 11.3.1 and Security Center 18.104.22.168, Mercury LP1502, LP4502, MR50-S3, and MR52-S3 controllers support two OSDP readers per port through a setting configured in the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
What you should know
In the Synergis™ Appliance Portal, enable the Two OSDP
readers per reader port option on the Mercury controller
NOTE: When this option is enabled, the Smart card option configured on the OSDP reader in Config Tool is on by default, and remains on in the background, even if you turn off the option.
- Restart Synergis™ Softwire.
Add two OSDP readers to the reader port of the Mercury controller:
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- From the entity tree, select the Synergis™ unit, and click the Peripherals tab.
Double-click Reader 1, and configure the following
- Type of reader
- Select OSDP 2.
- Baud rate
- Select a bit rate.
- Select the address you configured for the first reader.
- Click Save.
Double-click Reader 1 Out, and select the address you
configured for the second reader.
NOTE: Only the address needs to be configured because Reader 1 and Reader 1 Out use the same configuration, except the address.
Assign the readers to a door.
Example: Reader 1 and Reader 1 Out must be set on the same door, and Reader 2 and Reader 2 Out must be set on the same door.
- If the controller has a second reader port, you can repeat step 3 to configure Reader 2 and Reader 2 Out on the second port.