To ensure that you do not receive duplicate Door locked and Door unlocked events in Security Desk, you must disable the Automatically grant REX option for all doors equipped with an Aperio-enabled lock.
Before you begin
- Enroll the Synergis™ unit in Security Center.
- Depending on the hub you are using, do one of the following:
- For AH30 RS-485 hubs, pair your locks with the AH30 hub and enroll the Aperio-enabled locks on the Synergis™ unit.
- For AH40 IP hubs, pair your locks with the AH30 hub and enroll the Aperio-enabled locks on the Synergis™ unit.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- In the entity tree, select the door that uses the Aperio-enabled lock.
- Click the Properties tab.
In the Request to exit (REX) section, turn off the
Unlock on REX option.
Click the Hardware tab, and then select the Synergis™ unit that controls the lock.
All peripherals corresponding to the same lock are named with the same prefix “Aperio X - Interface n,” where X is the channel name (A, B, C, or D), and n is the EAC address of the lock.
- In the Door side In section, assign the reader corresponding to the door.
- In the Door side Out section, assign the REX sensor corresponding to the door.
In the Additional connections section, apply the following
- Assign the lock relay to Door lock.
- Assign the door sensor input to Door sensor.
- Assign the KeyCylinderInside or the KeyCylinderOutside to Manual station, if applicable.
If the reader is intended to work in Card and PIN mode, ensure that you
configure a timeout long enough for the cardholder to enter the PIN.
The default access timeout of 5 seconds is not long enough for Aperio-enabled locks. After presenting their credential at the door, the cardholder has to wait until the LED turns green before entering the PIN. This process invariably takes longer than 5 seconds.
- Click Reader settings () beside the Reader list.
- In the Reader settings dialog box, turn on the Use card and PIN option.
Set the PIN entry timeout to the desired
The recommended duration is 10 seconds.
- Click Save.
- Click Apply.