Before you can enroll BEST Wi-Q locks in Security Center, you must configure the Over-Watch plugin for Mercury LP4502 controllers.
What you should know
- All LP4502 controllers under the same Synergis Cloud Link unit must be configured with the same Over-Watch username, password, and listening port.
- If you want to move a Mercury LP4502 unit that is used in a BEST Wi-Q integration from one Synergis Cloud Link to another, the Over-Watch plugin must be enabled on the target Synergis Cloud Link before moving the unit.
Load the Over-Watch plugin onto the Mercury controller.
The Mercury controller restarts after the plugin is installed.
- From the GTAP Product Download page, select Synergis Cloud Link Legacy in the Download Finder list, and then search for the latest Mercury LP4502 firmware.
- Save the .sfw file on your local drive.
Upgrade the Mercury controller through the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
The Mercury controller restarts after the firmware is applied.
Log on to the Synergis Cloud Link unit's advanced web page
https://<IP address>/MercuryEP/FirmwareVersions, and click Install Over Watch package listed under the Mercury LP4502 controller.
Configure an Over-Watch plugin user on the Mercury controller.
- Log on to the Mercury controller through its Configuration Manager web page.
- From the side menu, click Over-Watch.
On the Over-Watch Settings page, enter a port number in the
Listening Port field.
The recommended port is 1883.
- In the New User section, enter a username and password for the new user, confirm the password, and then click Add user.
- From the side menu, click Apply Settings, and then click Apply Settings, Reboot.
Configure Mercury settings on the BEST Wi-Q gateway.
The connection status is yellow.
- Log on to the BEST Wi-Q gateway.
- From the top menu, click the Interface tab.
- On the Mercury interface configuration page, select the Enable Mercury Mode option, and enter the Mercury controller's IP address.
- In the Port, Mercury Username, and Mercury Password fields, enter the information you entered when creating the Over-Watch plugin user on the Mercury controller.
- Select the Enable SSL option, and then click Use Mercury certificate.
- Click Update.
Enable the Over-Watch plugin on the Synergis Cloud Link
- Log on to the Synergis Cloud Link unit.
- Click .
- Click the Over-Watch settings tab from the side menu.
- Select the LP4502 Over-Watch plugin option, and then enter the Username, Password, and Port that you configured when creating the Over-Watch plugin user on the Mercury controller.
- Click Save.
- Restart Synergis Softwire.
Enroll a BEST Wi-Q gateway on the Synergis unit.