OSDP readers must have their RS-485 bit rate and address configured before they can be used. You can configure your readers directly from the Synergis™ Appliance Portal by creating an OSDP channel with Programming mode enabled.
What you should know
- For OSDP readers you want connected to a Mercury unit, using this procedure, followed by setting the reader's physical address in the Synergis™ Appliance Portal replaces using a configuration card to set the reader's baud rate and physical address.
- When Programming mode is enabled, you can only have one online reader connected to the RS-485 channel at a time.
- Log on to the Synergis unit.
- Click .
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
- In the Add hardware dialog box, select OSDP as the Hardware type.
Select a Channel.
NOTE: If your Synergis unit has an optional expansion module, then you have additional channels. For more information, see the SY-CLOUDLINK-312 Quick Start Guide.
Under Interface module type, click
The channel and reader are created.
- From the hardware tree, select the OSDP channel you created and click Edit ().
From the Bit rate list, select the bit rate you want to
configure for your reader, and then select the Programming mode
If you have a configuration card, you can use it instead of Programming mode. See the documentation that came with your card.
- Click Save.
Configure the OSDP readers.