OSDP readers in transparent mode require you to store the keys on your Synergis Cloud Link.
Configure the MIFARE DESFire keys on your Synergis unit.
Before you begin
- Log on to the Synergis unit.
- Click , and then select an enrolled OSDP reader.
- Click Edit () for the selected reader's interface.
From the Reader type list, select MIFARE
In the Key location list, Synergis key store is automatically selected.
Use the Synergis™ Appliance Portal to access the
Synergis™ key store and enter the keys:
The MIFARE DESFire configuration file used for the indexed keys is compatible with both software-transparent and non-transparent readers.Limitation: There are two limitations with software transparent readers:
- Select an index.
- Click Create new version, and enter a 32-character hexadecimal key in the text field.
- Click Add.
- Transparent readers currently cannot encode cards.
- Cards with transparent mode enabled take about 100 ms longer to read.
Configure MIFARE DESFire.