Before you can use credentials of up to 240 bits with your Mercury controllers, you must enable support for long credentials on your Synergis unit.
Ensure the following:
Before you begin
- Your Synergis unit is running Synergis Softwire 11.0 or later, and that it is online and connected to your network.
- The Mercury controllers that you want to use long credential support with are running firmware version 1.29.1 or later.
Because credentials of 64 bits or longer are not automatically synchronized with Mercury, you must manually enable them.
What you should know
- Log on to the Synergis unit.
- Click .
- Expand the Database layout settings section, and select the Long credentials database layout from the list.
Expand the Long credential formats section, and enter the
credential length you want to use.
The value must be from 64 to 240.
You can add up to eight different credential formats.
- Click Save.
Restart Synergis Softwire on your Synergis unit:
- In the top menu, click .
- After Synergis Softwire has restarted, log back on to the unit.
- On the Mercury controller settings page, expand the Buses section.
- Click Reset for the controllers that require long credential support.
The new credential formats that you enabled can be used with your Mercury controllers.