MIFARE DESFire readers require cryptographic keys to access a card's secured credential. When readers are configured to run in transparent mode, these keys are loaded into the Synergis key store.
The door must have an STid reader with a part number ending in AA or AD.
Before you begin
NOTE: Transparent STid readers with part numbers ending in BB cannot be used in this scenario. See Supported STid readers in Synergis Softwire 2.0 for a list of readers that can be used as transparent readers.
- Log on to the Synergis unit.
- Click STid. , and then select
- Click Edit () on the reader's interface.
- In the reader configuration dialog box, from the Key location list, select Synergis key store.
Use the Synergis™ Appliance Portal to access the
Synergis key store and enter the
The MIFARE DESFire configuration file used for the indexed keys is compatible with both software-transparent and non-transparent STid readers.Limitation: There are two limitations with software transparent readers:
- Select an index.
- Click Create new version, and enter a 32-character hexadecimal key in the text field.
- Click Add.
- Transparent readers currently cannot encode cards.
- Cards with transparent mode enabled take about 100 ms longer to read.
The 32 available indexed keys in the Synergis key store increase security by enabling the entry of keys in components. Clicking Add between components makes it possible for multiple stakeholders to each know only part of the required key.