For the Synergis™ unit to communicate with Axis controllers, you must enroll the controllers using either the Synergis™ Appliance Portal or Config Tool.
Before you begin
- Have the serial numbers or IP addresses of your Axis controllers at hand. To find that information, see your Axis documentation.
- Connect your Axis controllers to the Synergis™ unit.
When the Synergis™ unit enrolls a controller, it sets a default configuration for all Axis input contacts and output relays. Axis and Synergis™ use different terminology to describe their settings.
What you should know
NOTE: Only the enrollment through the Synergis™ Appliance Portal is described here, but you can also enroll an Axis controller from .
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
- In the Add hardware dialog box, select Axis as the Hardware type.
- Select the IP channel where the Axis controller is connected.
Enter the connection parameters required to connect to the Axis controller.
- IP address
- Use the IP address of the Axis controller.
- Interface module type
- Select the Axis unit type that you are enrolling. The default is A1001.
- Username and password
- The default username and password are root and pass, respectively.
- Click Add.
- Activate Autonomous mode.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 3 - 8 to add another Axis controller.
The hardware type, channel, and interface module you just added are displayed on the Hardware configuration page. It can take up to 1 minute for the Axis module to come online.
If the current firmware version is not the latest, upgrade it by doing one of the
- Recommended for Security Center 5.10 or later: Upgrade the firmware using the Hardware inventory task in Config Tool. For more information, see Upgrading access control unit firmware and platform, and interface module firmware.
- Upgrade the firmware using the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Test your interface module connection and configuration from the I/O
NOTE: To use the HTTPS protocol, the Axis A1001 must use firmware 1.65.2 or later, and A1601 interfaces must use firmware 220.127.116.11 or later.
Add the Synergis™ unit to an Access Manager role so it becomes part of your Security Center system.