You must enroll BEST Wi-Q gateways through Mercury LP4502 controllers in Config Tool before you can add BEST Wi-Q locks and wireless access controllers.
Configure the Over-Watch plugin on the Mercury controller and enable it on the Synergis™ unit.
Before you begin
Mercury controllers enrolled on a Synergis™ unit are not visible from the Synergis™ Appliance Portal Hardware page.
What you should know
Enroll the Mercury LP4502 controller in Config
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task.
- Click Roles and units, and then click the Synergis™ unit.
Click Peripherals, and then click Add an
Enter the following information:
- Select LP4502.
- IP address
- Static IP address assigned to the controller by your IT department.
- Communication port (default=3001). The port must match the value configured on the Mercury Device Manager web page.
- Channel ID corresponding to this controller. The channel ID can be any value from 0 to 63, and must be unique within the Synergis™ unit. After it is assigned, it must not be changed.
Add the BEST Wi-Q gateway as an interface for the Mercury controller.
- Under the Interfaces list, click Add an item ().
In the dialog box that opens, select BEST Wi-Q Gateway as
the Model, enter the MAC Address.
NOTE: Ensure that the MAC address is entered using capital letters, is 12 characters long, and does not contain periods, colons, or dashes. For example, A1B2C3D4E5F6.
The Mercury controller and BEST Wi-Q gateway are online on the Peripherals page of the Synergis™ Cloud Link unit in Config Tool, and the connection is established on the web page of the BEST Wi-Q gateway.
Pair the BEST Wi-Q locks or wireless access controllers with the BEST Wi-Q gateway, and then assign them ACR (access control reader) IDs from the web page of the BEST Wi-Q gateway, so that they can be added in Config Tool later. For more information about pairing devices to the gateway, see the BEST Wi-Q documentation.