To configure your Synergis Cloud Link appliance, log on to the appliance through the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Before you begin
- Appliance hostname or IP address
- The hostname is on the label sticker on the appliance. The hostname consists of
SCL(for Synergis Cloud Link), followed by the appliance's MAC address. For example,
To obtain the IP address, ping the appliance. For IPv6 IP addresses, you must remove the last two digits of the value in brackets that comes back from the ping. The IPv6 address includes the brackets. For example,
- Default username and password
- The default username and password are admin and softwire. You are forced to create a new password on first logon.
What you should know
- Starting in Synergis Cloud Link firmware 2.0.3, if you are not using DHCP, you can connect using a link-local address. Prior to 2.0.3, IPv6 is required to use a link-local address.
- If you are not using DHCP, alternate network connections prevent the Synergis™ Appliance Portal from loading.
- (First logon only) Connect the appliance’s LAN 1 port to your LAN.
Open a web browser, and enter https:// followed by the appliance
hostname or IP address.
Example: The following is an address using the hostname: https://SCL0010F32CF482
The following is an address using the IPv6 IP address format: https://[fe80::ebf:15ff:xxxx:xxxx]
- If you opened a new browser session to log on to the appliance, you get a certificate error message. Follow your browser’s on-screen instructions to continue to the website.
Enter the username and password, and then click Log on.
If you already changed the default password, the home page is displayed. If you have not changed the default password, you are forced to create a new one before logging on.
Enter a new Strong or Very strong password, confirm it, and then click
The password is updated for the user, and you must log on using the new password.