To check the status of the battery on an Assa Abloy IP WiFi lock, you can monitor the Battery fail event on the Synergis unit that it is connected to.
For each WiFi lock, Security Center creates a virtual input named Input BatteryFail that shows as Active in the Monitoring tab and yellow warning on the System messages icon in the notification tray when the battery is low.
What you should know
NOTE: Input BatteryFail is a software input created to indicate the battery status of WiFi locks. You cannot connect any physical device to this input.
- From the Security Desk home page, open the System status task.
- From the Monitor list, select Doors.
- In the entity tree, select the parent area.
- Select the Search member entities check box to display all the locks under the child areas.
In the Show list, select All health
issues to show the doors with warnings.
NOTE: The WiFi locks that have battery problems show an Active state for the Input BatteryFailed input.
- Schedule a battery replacement for the WiFi locks that have the low battery warning.