You can ping interface modules and their downstream interfaces through the Synergis™ Appliance Portal to check if your unit installation was successful, or to troubleshoot network or packet loss issues.
What you should know
- You can perform two types of pings from the portal:
- Short ping
- Takes under 10 seconds. The results are displayed under the selected device.
- Long-term ping
- Pings every second for a selected duration. Multiple interface modules can be pinged at the same time. A zipped text file containing the results of the ping can be downloaded from the Download support logs page of the portal.
- Assa Abloy and RIO units are not pingable.
- Synergis IX units require firmware 4.00_1143_M036 or later to be pingable.
- Ping might not work, depending on your firewall settings.
- Log on to the Synergis Cloud Link unit.
.A list of all the interface modules and downstream interfaces connected to your Synergis Cloud Link unit is displayed.
Start a ping:
- For a short ping: Select an interface module, and then click Ping.
- For a long-term ping: Select one or more interface modules, select a Long-term ping duration, and then click Start ping.
The short ping results are listed under the interface module you pinged. The long-term ping results are available on the Download support logs page, in the Long-term ping section.