Before you can configure a Synergis™ Cloud Link unit, you must perform some pre-configuration steps.
- Read the release notes for any known issues and other information about the release.
- Have a computer equipped with a network card, Ethernet cable, and a web browser.
- (Optional) Have the IP address assigned by your IT department to the Synergis™ Cloud Link unit.
- Configure the hardware settings (DIP switches, address dials, etc.) to their final position on the interface modules.
Connect the interface modules to the Synergis™ Cloud
unit through the proper communication channels.
NOTE: Because each hardware manufacturer uses a different communication protocol, all interface modules connected to the same RS-485 channel must be from the same manufacturer.
- Physical devices (REX, door sensors, etc.) should be connected as well, but can be replaced by test switches and LEDs during the configuration phase.
- Download the latest Synergis™ Cloud Link package from https://portal.genetec.com/support.
Install and configure Security Center with
at least one Access Manager role.
For information about deploying Synergis™, see the Deploying your access control system.
Configure your Synergis™ Cloud Link unit.