Synergis Cloud Link units work best when all connected interface modules are running the recommended firmware. Recommended firmware versions are certified by Genetec Inc.
Before you begin
- It is recommended to upgrade interface module firmware using the Hardware
inventory task in Config
Tool rather than the Synergis™ Appliance Portal because you can do the following
in the Hardware inventory task:
- Upgrade interface modules in batches or individually.
- Schedule upgrades and configure email notifications for failed upgrades.
- View the upgrade progress and current firmware for each interface module.
- Upgrade Mercury SIO modules and interfaces.
- If you choose to perform the upgrade using the Synergis™ Appliance Portal, ensure that your interface module can be upgraded this way.
If your interface modules are loaded with firmware versions newer than the recommended ones, they will be downgraded with the exception of Assa Abloy IP locks.
What you should know
Upload the firmware onto the Synergis Cloud Link
The firmware is uploaded onto the Synergis Cloud Link unit.
- From the GTAP Product Download page, select Synergis Cloud Link in the Download Finder list, and then search for your interface module firmware.
- Save the .sfw file on your local drive.
- Log on to the Synergis Cloud Link unit.
- Click Select upgrade file.
- In the file browser that opens, select the .sfw firmware file, and click Open.
- Click Upgrade now.
Push the firmware to the interface modules:
- Click Apply recommended firmware.
- Click .
The following confirmation message is displayed: Upgrade completed successfully.